Durbin Crossing is located in the high-performing school district of St. Johns County.
Three schools serve Durbin Crossing residents:
• Creekside High School, which opened in August 2008, is located at the intersection
of CR-244/Longleaf Pine Parkway and CR-233/Veterans Parkway and borders the Durbin Crossing community. The school serves 1,000 students and has 44 teachers on staff.
Two academies are offered for students: Emerging Technology (Network Support and
New Media Technology) and Environmental and Urban Planning (Civil Engineering and Environmental Studies). A variety of extracurricular programs and advanced placement
courses are offered as well.
• Fruit Cove Middle School or Switzerland Point serve grades 6-8. The schools each received an “A” rating from the state of Florida and have a mission to inspire in all students
a passion for lifelong learning, creating educated and caring contributors to the world. Opportunities for athletic and enrichment activities are available for students to pursue.
• Durbin Creek Elementary or Hickory Creek , serve children in grades K-5. These schools are honored with an “A” status, Golden Scholar Award and 5-Star School Award
for a commitment to the education of students. A high-technology environment in all subject areas propels students forward into the 21st century and prepares them well for their futures.
• Patriot Oaks Academy is now under construction and scheduled for the opening of the 2014 school year. Our brand new state-of-the-art K-8 school is located in the heart of our community and is zoned exclusively for residents of Durbin Crossing.
Durbin Crossing provides all of its residents, whether their home is in Durbin North or Durbin South, with the convenience and luxury of two master-planned, fully appointed amenity centers within walking distance from every home. The two centers are
the crowning jewels of this incredible community and mirror the beautiful historic style
of Colonial Florida architecture. With almost 11 acres of amenity center space,
there are endless opportunities for the ways families can enjoy their spare time.
• 3740 sf clubhouse with party room, full catering kitchen and community boardroom,
with 1380 square feet of covered space
• 165,000 gallon, 6038 sf pool with junior Olympic length lanes and starting blocks, waterslide feature and separate children’s pool
• State-of-the-art fitness center featuring a variety of cardio equipment with personal
• Multi-purpose field with four lighted tennis courts, one basketball court and volleyball court
• Children’s play area
• Fully staffed team offering daily activities, events and private parties for residents of Durbin Crossing.
• 1200 sf Clubhouse with full catering kitchen and party room, 1460 sf covered patio space
• 65,000 gallon, 2633 sf oversized family pool with a splash park
• Children’s play area
• Two lighted tennis courts and basketball court
• Perfectly manicured multi-purpose field
• Fully staffed offering daily activities, events and private parties for residents of Durbin Crossing.
• Soccer League for ages 4 and up
• Tennis clinics on Tuesday evenings, all ages, children 3 and up and adults
• Zumba classes on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, all ages
• A Neighborhood Swim Team is available for the children during the spring/summer time
• Swim lessons are available during the summer break for all aged two and up
• Stock Talk, “Men’s Coffee and Conversation” on Tuesday mornings, adult
• Yoga class on Wednesday mornings, adult
• Pick-up volleyball on Wednesday evenings, all ages
• Pick-up basketball on Thursday evenings, all ages
• Parties: Memorial Day, Labor Day and December Holiday, all ages
All amenities are open to future homeowners as soon as their contract is signed.
New homeowners can visit the Amenities Manager at the South Amenity Center
for their access card.
A new 36-acre park system is open to the public featuring two distinctive parks,
valued at $4.5 million.
Durbin Crossing Community Park
• Donated to St. Johns County by the developers of Durbin Crossing
• Located on the east side of the community
• Spacious recreational areas including baseball and multipurpose fields
• Leisure space for visitors to enjoy the natural beauty of the park
• Land donated to St. Johns County
• Located on the northwest side of Durbin Crossing
• Spacious recreational areas including numerous soccer fields
• All concrete multi-ramp skateboard park
• Features the first dog park in the area
In 2005 the Durbin Crossing Community Development District was formed to fund the infrastructure and amenities for the Durbin Crossing project. In order to serve the residents
of the Durbin Crossing Community Development District, the District developed an
Improvement Plan to allow it to finance and construct certain utility, drainage and
transportation infrastructures and recreational facilities necessary for development
of the lands within the District. More specifically, all of the major roadways, landscaping,
entry features, community parks and amenity centers were financed through the sale
by the CDD to major institutional funds.
In 2005 the CDD sold almost $55 million dollars in bonds(2005A) and financed these bonds
for 30 years with a maturity date of 2037. As of December 2013 the outstanding debt on these bonds is $47.4 million. Every landowner within the district is assessed a debt service assessment and an operations and maintenance assessment for their land. While the debt service portion
of the bonds will retire in 2037 or could be paid off early, the operation and maintenance
portion of the assessment will continue to be assessed to ensure the operations and maintenance of utilities, drainage areas, landscaping, entry features and the amenity centers. Almost all
of the neighborhood improvements and maintenance items fall under
see the assessments for the 2012/2013 fiscal year below:
Also planned is the addition of The Village Center, a centrally located shopping and dining
area for retail shops, restaurants and service oriented businesses. Within the parameters
of Durbin Crossing, The Village Center will provide convenience for homeowners,
plus additional shopping fun within walking or biking distance of home.
Located between Racetrack Road and CR 210 just off of CR 2209, Durbin Crossing is perfectly positioned to make your family and work life easier to manage. Living in Durbin Crossing
puts you just minutes away from the great things North Florida has to offer.
• 15 minutes from Jacksonville beaches
• 10 minutes to the Avenues Mall
• 5 minutes to schools
• 20 minutes to downtown Jacksonville
• 30 minutes to Jacksonville International Airport
• 15 minutes to historic St. Augustine